Chicken with Broccoli
1 large head or 2 small heads broccoli
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sherry
2 tsp corn flour
1 cup good chicken stock
1 tbsp olive oil
grated fresh ginger to taste. I use about 2 tbsp (keep fresh ginger in the
freezer, and when required grate it straight from freezer)
1/2 cup cashew nuts or blanched almonds
Crisp Fried Rice noodles or Orgran Rice Pasta
- Cook noodles or pasta.
- Skin the chicken, cut into pieces.
- Wash broccoli and break into small stalks.
- Combine salt, browning, and sherry in a bowl, mix well.
- Heat oil in wok, add ginger, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add sauce mixture and broccoli, bring to boil, stirring, reduce
heat, cover and simmer 3-4 minutes, adding more stock if necessary.
- Add nuts, serve on noodles or pasta.
Serving (excluding unknown items):
14g Fat (44.1% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g
Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain
(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Real & Healthy Chinese Cooking"
Nicholas Zhou's cookbook
500+ low carb and low fat recipes with 170+ colorful pictures. Based on a master
chef's 40 years of cooking practice and 4 years of writing and research, it has
helped 12,800 people worldwide improve their health.